ARC-TIC Iceland tests every timepiece during and after assembly. If it is cared for it will have a long life. Every watch is made with great care and precision by highly qualified Watchmakers and is tested to highest standards. The timepiece is guaranteed for two years from the date of purchase against any defects in material and workmanship. Guarantee will be void if the watch is opened by a person not approved by ARC-TIC Iceland and can not be held responsible for accidents and or improper handling.
- Avoid strong shocks such as dropping on hard surfaces as a watch is a sensitive precision instrument.
- Do not put a water resistant watch in water when the crown is not screwed on the case.
- Do not turn or pull out the crown when the watch is wet.
- The water resistance of a watch is not permanently guaranteed. It is affected by the ageing of gaskets or deformation of watch parts due to an accidental shock. We recommend that you have the water resistance of the watch checked regularly to ensure it’s functionality.
- To preserve it’s water resistance as long as possible, wipe off moisture, sweat or dirt with a soft, dry cloth after removing it from the wrist.
Swimming in the sea:
- After using a water resistant watch in sea water, wash it in fresh water and dry it with a soft cloth.
- Do not wash a water resistant watch while the crown is pulled out.
Bath or sauna:
- Do not wear the watch while taking a bath or a sauna. Steam, soap or some components of a hot spring may accelerate the deterioration of water resistance performance.
- The function of the watch is affected by extreme temperature and by extreme changes in temperature.
- Do not use solvents or chemicals (i.e. benzine, thinner, bleach) for cleaning a watch. This may cause a chemical reaction and result in deterioration of the watch or a change in the color of the case, band or strap.
- Turn the crown from time to time in order to prevent corrosion of the crown and maintain the flexibility of the gasket.
- For a screw-in crown, screw down the crown carefully to prevent penetration of moisture inside the movement.
- Wipe off moisture, sweat or dirt with a soft cloth after removing it from the wrist to increase the durability of the case back, gaskets and band.